Welcome to Cypress Cottage, a lovely 100-year-old, California Craftsman, Spanish style cottage that retains its old-fashioned charm.
Just 15 minutes from Healdsburg, our Cottage offers privacy in the front and back yards, with lovely gardens and outdoor sitting and eating areas. We have included photographs of our beautiful, vintage wine country home to entice you to come for a stay.
Close to Healdsburg, Cloverdale is located in Northern Sonoma County, at the junction of the Alexander and Anderson Valleys: “Where the redwoods meet the vineyards.” Sonoma County is world-renown for its many wineries, excellent restaurants, lovely towns, and outdoor activities.
Cloverdale is a small and friendly town. Cypress Cottage is in the the heart of the historic downtown and its many amenities: cafes, fine dining, Dahlia and Sage natural foods store, Tuesday Farmers’ Market, fabulous four-plex movie “art” theater, and Performing Arts Center. The town Plaza hosts the Friday Night Live concert series, from June through August.
About the Cottage
When remodeling Cypress Cottage, we went to great lengths to preserve the vernacular architecture and create a home that makes it easy to relax. The wood floors are refinished antique fir and oak. The plaster and stucco interior and exterior walls are all original, as is the stone hearth which has been retrofit with a new gas fireplace to curl up next to during Cloverdale’s cool evenings or Winter months. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with native and Mediterranean plants and trees, creating a relaxing setting we know you will enjoy.
The Property Includes:
- 1 full bath, one half bath
- Cozy front porch (perfect for your morning coffee)
- Large, private, fully enclosed backyard designed for outdoor lounging, barbecuing, and dining
- Several large shade trees keep the yard cool during the height of summer
- Feel free to sample from the fruit trees (Fig, Apple, Lemon, Lime, Olive) and enjoy the many herbs, vegetables, and flowers we grow in the temperate Sonoma climate
- Sleeps six in three well-appointed bedrooms
- Formal dining room
- Sunny breakfast nook off of the kitchen
- A large, comfortable living room, with gas fireplace
- A spacious, fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, a new dishwasher and new refrigerator (ice maker, filtered water), offers everything you would need to dine well at home, should you want a break from eating out
- Both baths a new, recently completely remodeled
- Washer and dryer on enclosed back porch
- All linens and towels are provided
Our queen and full beds are all-natural, organic Avocado Green Mattresses®. Feather or hypoallergenic pillows are available on all beds. There are vanities with mirrors in each bedroom. Other guest amenities include hair dryers in each bedroom, iron, outdoor gas grill, washer and dryer, whole house WIFI, flat-screen TV with basic cable, and HD cables provided for internet streaming from your computer.
Bedroom 1: Queen size mattress
Bedroom 2: Queen size mattress
Bedroom 3: Bunkbed, w/ full mattress below and a twin mattress (Memory Foam) above. (Bunkbed strictly for children six and older.)
Cypress Cottage has two baths: a renovated full bathroom, with a walk-in shower, and brand new half bath as of March 1, 2020 (toilet and sink). We have also eased bathroom congestion by supplying each bedroom with vanities/mirrors and individual hair dryers.
Children are welcome but please note that Cypress Cottage is not childproofed (e.g. no socket protectors or cabinet locks); each child counts as a guest in the six-guest max tally. We offer a toddler blowup mattress and a pack’n’play for children too young to sleep in the bunk-bed or who need to be closer to their parents at night.
Cloverdale is located off Rt 101, approximately an 1:20 north of the Bay Area (traffic allowing). We are minutes to Healdsburg, 10 minutes to Geyserville, 10 minutes to Dry Creek Valley and Lake Sonoma, 20 minutes to Hopland, 30 minutes to Booneville, and 45 minutes to an hour from the ocean via SR128 or SR116.
Northern Sonoma is laid back and low-key compared to the commercial rush and traffic in nearby Napa County. That said, a beautiful drive on SR128 through the Alexander Valley, across the hills and down into Calistoga, is a great day trip. You can sample Napa wineries and get a mud bath and massage.
A Quiet Setting
Just 15 minutes to Healdsburg, Cypress Cottage is right in the middle of a residential neighborhood of Cloverdale. Our neighbors have extended families and on nice days with the windows open you may hear music or grandchildren playing. Bluegrass and Ranchero music may come from gatherings at the Grange nearby, and you will definitely hear music from the Friday Night Live concerts. Cloverdale is a rural town surrounded by hills, covered in Oak trees, and many streets dead end at grapevines.
(View in “show mode” to see the proper sequence of images.)
Rates & Booking Terms
Book your stay now, and see what this stunning area of California has to offer!
In this introductory phase, through 2019, Cypress Cottage rents for $365/night.
- Guests also pay a state tax of 8.25% and 10% occupancy tax, bringing total cost/night to $431.60.
- A one-time $125 cleaning fee is added no matter the length of your stay.
- Lease and security deposit required; all fees are paid in advance.
- Booking must be completed one full week in advance, due to town ordinances.
Cypress Cottage is fully licensed, and compliant with Cloverdale’s zoning codes which come with some occupancy restrictions, including strict quiet hours from 10 pm to 9 am, a minimum three-night stay; no pets, no smoking of any kind in the house or on the property, no parties or amplified music; renters must be 25+ years old. The driveway parks two cars.
After you set your dates with us through email, there is a lease/ house rules document to sign digitally. We will invoice you through Paypal, where you can pay with a credit card or your own Paypal account.